Quest for semblance of sanity - all in a day's work!

April 2017



(Source: Google)


6.30 a.m: As surprising as it sounds, aamchi Mumbai has finally accomplished what apna Hyderbad wasn't able to - am ready to take on the world by waking up at 6.30 in the morning ;). Never in my life did I stir a second before 7.30 a.m and here my maid comes at 7 a.m, so there you go -- power of Mum'bai' :P

6.40 a.m: I have become the poster girl for healthy food (yes, a far cry from the fried food and chocolates staple diet ;). I have protein for lunch every day - simply put, dal (love the different types of dal I get to experiment with). I put the dal in the pressure cooker and sit down to enjoy my cuppa coffee and contemplate on the road to inner peace. Its the last day of a hectic month and I am looking forward to the journey home.



(Source: Google)

6.50 a.m: But as usual, the quest for sanity is a bumpy ride - my musings are cut short by the whistle of the pressure cooker acting like a spray jet. Having a premonition that the bai might come up with another irrefutable excuse (to date she has never repeated an excuse for absenteeism - an amazing skill if you ask me), I decide to clean the kitchen myself.

7.15 a.m: I scrubbed the stove and the walls squeaky clean till I could see my face in the reflection. Hubby dearest has an important meeting to attend wherein wearing a tie is mandatory and asks me if I know how to tie one. I reply, " I am a person who found a job online, husband online, a house in Mumbai while I was in Hyderabad and a house in Hyderabad while in Mumbai, toh tie kya cheez hai?" and immediately search for the youtube video - and voila, its done in 3 simple steps!

7.30 a.m: Feeling quite accomplished, I wait for the maid to turn up and she comes in royally proclaiming "Mujhe kantal aata kaam karte karte (I am frustrated working)!" I wonder if I could ever say this this to my boss and decide I don't have time to be a smart aleck, and so tell her to get to work. My maid is like an Indian version of Flash, she finishes all and sundry work allotted in 5 minutes, not that I complain!

1.30 p.m: My lunch mates say that my paneer matar was the highlight of the lunch, making me wonder about the quality of our canteen food :P

4 p.m: I am juggling and multi-tasking like crazy to close as many loose ends as I can in preparation for the long weekend at Hyderabad, when hubby calls me to inform that our national carrier (aka Air India) has postponed the morning flight to 10 in the night. What on earth does the airline expect us to do is completely beyond me! After heated outbursts and frantic follow ups, hubby is able to get us a connecting flight early next morning. A simple 50 minute ride from Mumbai to Hyderabad turns into a 2 hour flight from Mumbai to Chennai followed by 3 hours at Chennai airport plus a 1 hour flight from Chennai to Hyderabad. For a person who is called 'Miss Turbulence', there cannot be any other painful ordeal!!


(Source: Google)


7 p.m: I am yet to finish work, but decide to go home, grab a quick dinner and then juggle packing and working. When I take out my phone to book a cab, I notice that the phone goes all "green minion on me":P. I call hubby from the desk phone to say that all I can see on my phone is the phone information along with a green minion and he bursts out laughing. He tells me the phone is stuck in a boot loop and gives me step by step instructions to make it functional again, all the while laughing away to glory - how am I at fault if an android symbol and a minion look similar :P. See what I mean -- rofl.

(Source: Google)

11 p.m: Its way past my bed time by the time I crash after finishing my office work, household chores and packing stuff. I can't help but recall Kareena's dialogue from 'Jab We Met' as I echo her sentiments at this moment, "Please Babaji ab tho had paar ho chuki hai, ab iss raat mein koi excitement mat dena, boring banadoji iss raat ko please". 

As the saying goes, all is well that ends well. And the quest for semblance of sanity continues....








(Source: Author's photo)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I’m part of The Great resignation- and it feels good! šŸ˜ŠšŸ’šŸ»‍♀️šŸ‘šŸ»

Train travelogue- a journey back in time šŸ¤—

The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something ;)